We met with Yair Daren, Founder and Director at SRS – Security Risk Specialist – to learn more about this security provider, their approach and what makes them stand out.
What was your motivation for starting SRS – Security Risk Specialists?
I worked as a security officer and manager for ten years before starting SRS in 2016, so I have experience of the security sector from the bottom up. I rarely saw a manager or felt part of a wider team when I worked as a guard myself and there was never any meaningful engagement from the company or social element. This motivated me to start a security business that genuinely cares about its people, rewards them, celebrates with them and invests in their training and development. My belief, then and now, is that careful selection of staff and consistent, inspiring management leads directly to high standards and client satisfaction and as a result enables us to deliver true quality of service.
How have you brought these ideas on approach to security to life?
I think it is crucial to have clarity about our approach. I’ve given serious thought to the SRS Vision, Mission Statement and Values. I share these with my staff from the first interview they attend and with new and potential clients I meet and they inform and guide everything we do.
What services do you offer?
We are a London-based security company and focus our services here. We provide outstanding services to offices and residential flats in London, often liaising directly with landlords and property management companies. Our staff are security and concierge trained, providing the complete package. They hold the appropriate SIA licences and training to deal with security-related challenges such as tailgating, anti-social behaviour and noise disturbances. As well as this, they have the soft skills needed as a concierge. Our clients really appreciate this level of service and balance between the two roles.
What makes SRS stand out from other security providers?
I think there are four key elements to approach that make us stand out:
- Our relentless emphasis on our values and culture. I believe by recruiting and managing our staff in accordance with our values we keep our team motivated and engaged and this allows us to consistently deliver a very high standard of service to our clients. Our values are our compass and guide us when we have any doubts.
- Our decision to focus our services only in London. This enables frequent site visits, translating into rapid response to our clients’ and staff needs.
- Our uncompromising focus on our people with frequent communication, marking and celebrating success, and regular social events throughout the year.
- Accountability – this is the most crucial of our values for ensuring a high-quality service to our clients. They can expect accountability starting with me as Managing Director right through to our most junior employees.
Does your approach result in positive client feedback?
Rob Hannington from Jamie Oliver Group
“Possibly the best security company I’ve used. Having used them as 24/7 guard, event guarding and key holding services, I would use them in any future site.”
Bea Buck from October Films
“I have been in facilities over 12 years. I have to say SRS is one of the best security specialists I have encountered. From response times to the helpfulness of the guards I would not hesitate to recommend.”
How do your staff feel about working at SRS?
Our staff love to work here and we have a low staff turnover. This is a recent review posted by SRS employee Guleed Ahmed; “I am continually amazed by the degree of professionalism, friendliness, and openness of my co-workers and managers. I have been supported and respected from day one, which has made my experience here a true pleasure.”
SRS Vision: Making London a better city, one welcoming and safe building at a time
SRS Mission Statement: SRS will provide unparalleled service to our London clients, while recognising the significant importance of making a positive social-economic impact on our staff and the broader community.
- Clarity of communication – keeping communication concise and prompt
- Diligence and integrity – strive for excellence through honest and hard work
- Collaboration and respect – work well individually and as a team to achieve results
- Accountability – taking ownership of our work
- Presentability and punctuality – look the part and act the part
For further information contact Yair Daren